Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Midnights

So, I started working midnights last night. I had to go in at 10 pm on the fourth of July. My sleep cycle is all broken now, and my sense of time, which was already weak, is completly destroyed. I work from 10-6:30, assisting on the ladder machine, which secures rungs between rails. The guy I'm working with, who is very nice, puts the rung in and runs two rails between the machine, then I take the completed thing and load it onto a flat. If it's too heavy to lift, I use a crane. And I fetch new material for us to use with the crane. I didn't have to drive the lift truck, he did that. I think that was a good idea, I had enough trouble with the crane. But we still got done early and I got to sit for over an hour at the end of the day. That's when I started to get sleepy. But I made it through the drive home okay, so all is well.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Yeah... for this week. After that, who knows? I don't think the shift change makes much of a difference, I've just switched round when I'm at work and when I sleep. I have the same free time as I did before.