Saturday, February 28, 2009

Using the crap out of my museum membership

Paul and I got a chance to go to a preview of the new exhibit at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History. It's called "The Horse." It's very cool, and anyone who likes horses and is interested in them or in their shared history with humanity should check it out.

We also got to attend a lecture by author Susan Williams. She did a lot of research on the domestication of horses for her book, Wind Rider. The lecture was cool, and after I bought her book and she signed it. She was great--she chatted with everyone getting a book signed, and even did drawings. My little horse is AWESOME.

We walked to the museum, and on the way we stopped at Giant Eagle and I tried their Aztec hot cocoa. It's awesome. I've been wanting to try it out for a long time, and I'm glad I finally did.

Triangulation editing was canceled today because Pete's sick, so Paul and I had some time to unwind before we met his parents and brother for dinner at Outback Steakhouse. We had a nice time. Paul and I both had steaks. His was teriyaki marinated, and mine was covered in a lobster mushroom sauce. Then we stopped by Goodwill to look for clothes for Paul. We left with jeans for me and a pile of books.

No comments: