Friday, June 10, 2005

The drive

So, today I drove out to Philadelphia. The drive SUCKED. I got about three hours in, then traffic on 80 just stopped because of fucking construction... even though no one was actually doing any construction. Twice this happened, and both times they closed one lane (first the right, then the left) I being intelligent and courteous and nice and able to read signs, made sure I was in the correct, open lane. However, my lane soon stopped while the other kept moving, since people in front of me had to stop and let the fuckers who drove up the wrong lane back into the flow of traffic. I ended up sitting for over an hour. I was very upset, I don't do sitting in traffic well. It's not something that I often have to do, living on a dirt road and all of that. Then, I finally got off of 80, and onto the turnpike, which is the scariest road ever, and from there I got right into rush hour traffic around the city. So more sitting in the car and not moving. I was pretty upset. And Artie gave me the kind of directions that you give to someone who knows the general area that you're talking about, like me telling someone to take 358 to Sandy Lake, then go out of town past the school and down by the fairgrounds. If you don't live around me, that isn't very informative. So I got rather pissed at him. But he bought back my affection with a Harry Potter t-shirt, a Star Wars wristband, and dinner at Red Lobster.

So, to sum up, I hate driving in traffic, especially by myself, but I love my boyfriend. And shiny things. And food.

I'm working Monday, 1st shift, which I wasn't expecting, and is good. But I have to be at Werner's by 6:30 am. Eeep. And I hear that my job is going to suck huuuuge monkey ass. (According to my father, who would know. But those were not his words. Of course.)

No comments: